Friday, February 20, 2009

I have succumbed to email marketing


And the worst part is that it was Martha Stewart.

Several years ago, I decided to send flowers to my Mom on Valentine's Day. She always sends me a card, and I always feel guilty because I'm not thoughtful enough to get a card in the mail to her in time. I barely manage to find something for my husband the day of.

In a panic to be a better daughter, I went online to find something I could send and have it to her by the 14th. Martha came to my rescue. Google offered marthastewart.com as a gift option for my search. I ordered some red tulips in a glass vase with three lines typed on a little card wishing my mother Happy Valentine's Day!

Mom loved it. She went on and on about how great it was to have flowers in the house, how long it'd been since she'd been given fresh flowers.

The next year around February 4th, I received an email from Martha. She ever so gently reminded me of my previous purchase and offered some tasteful ideas for this year. It gets me every year. I remember how much Mom loved that first bunch of tulips, and I can't bare to disappoint her.

I'm usually ruthless with the junk button in my Mail application. I've even banned most political emails from my inbox since the election ended. But I was happy to get that email from Martha this year. I can't imagine a Valentine's Day without the gushing thank you phone call from my Mom.


2 comments:

  1. The guilt ploy again! No; I have to commend even Martha Stewart's company for knowing their stuff ... timely and relevant is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make Martha proud. And wealthy.

    ReplyDelete